Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ead View Post

*crickets*

That's ok, there's still some time before I need to make a purchasing decision anyways.
    go see him or give him a call. He just hooked a buddy up with a new WRX recently
    2011 Impreza WRX STi Sedan
    GV-kr3w - #1
    SWP-kr3w - #1
    MY2011 Masterrace - #1
    TriplePhiveAuto (click the banner below for our website)
    Never a top liner, ALWAYS a #BottomFeeder

Comment

*crickets*

That's ok, there's still some time before I need to make a purchasing decision anyways.
      i know i'm new here and this is my first post so I don't have the credibility yet BUT...

I have a friend at a dealership and have seen the '18 spec sheet. "Smart Key" is only on Sport-Tech WRX/STI still. good old fashioned key on base and sport models.

I'm really hoping the VIAS has the 2018 WRX/STI cause I really want to see it in person before I make final judgement on that front bumper. But I doubt it.

This may also be a deal breaker for some too but back up camera has been moved back to the MFD...bigger than the old screen but from images it looks much wider but not much taller than the current MFD so i'm thinking image will still suck compared to being displayed on the 6.2" or 7" screens

Comment

Originally posted by IndecisiveS12 View Post
        I have a friend at a dealership and have seen the '18 spec sheet. "Smart Key" is only on Sport-Tech WRX/STI still. good old fashioned key on base and sport models.
        Excellent... *montyburnsfingertapping*

Comment

Sorry for the late response guys!

Turn key ignition will likely still be around on base model and sport model versions of the WRX and STI. Proximity keys and push start ignitions are usually reserved for the top trim level (sport-tech). We have not yet received any official information regarding the 2018 models however as soon as I can confirm this I'll let you guys know!

Comment

Originally posted by LloydAtDocksteaderSubaru View Post
            ...as soon as I can confirm this I'll let you guys know!
            Thanks!

Not that my measly few bucks mean anything to Corporate, but here are my 3 cents (because 2 cents ain't worth nuttin').

I'd prefer that the manufacturer stick with the performance angle, and give us something meaningful when there are upscale models. Like, when the next trim level up is called "Sport", ffs make it sporty. Sporty is not leather seats, louder sound system, keyless ignition, and sunroof. Sporty is a beefier, tuned engine, with a more capable transmission, better brakes, and racetrack-worthy suspension.

To be honest, most of the creature comforts that are being foisted on us as modern "improvements" are garbage. Keyless entry, touchless ignition - conceptually, they're perhaps great conveniences, but in terms of practicality, they're more trouble than the old-school systems they're meant to replace. I don't give a rat's ass about those kinds of "improvements", and I would sooner find a manufacturer that offered a model with similar performance and reliability without these "improvements" (because they're not improvements).

Anyways. End of rant.

Comment

Thanks!

Not that my measly few bucks mean anything to Corporate, but here are my 3 cents (because 2 cents ain't worth nuttin').

I'd prefer that the manufacturer stick with the performance angle, and give us something meaningful when there are upscale models. Like, when the next trim level up is called "Sport", ffs make it sporty. Sporty is not leather seats, louder sound system, keyless ignition, and sunroof. Sporty is a beefier, tuned engine, with a more capable transmission, better brakes, and racetrack-worthy suspension.

To be honest, most of the creature comforts that are being foisted on us as modern "improvements" are garbage. Keyless entry, touchless ignition - conceptually, they're perhaps great conveniences, but in terms of practicality, they're more trouble than the old-school systems they're meant to replace. I don't give a rat's ass about those kinds of "improvements", and I would sooner find a manufacturer that offered a model with similar performance and reliability without these "improvements" (because they're not improvements).

Anyways. End of rant.
              I understand your point, unfortunately the general consensus who are willing to buy the top models are looking for those said options. Also Subaru is not in the same boat as Porsche where the sportier model where you get less and cost more. eg. door handles replaced with a red strap, no emblem badge but a sticker of the emblem which all cost more for some reason. Ead I agree with you, I would rather have supportive cloth seats, no sound deadening, no keyless, etc, but there really isn't a big market for that.
              2003 WRB WRX wagon R.I.P.
              2004 WRB STi

Comment

What confuses me is that in the states the performance package is on the premium trim but I don't think it's available on the limited. Why the crap not make the performance package available on both premium and limited to appease both types of buyers.

​​​​​​i have a feeling it will be similar here. Available on one package but not the other.
                Last edited by IndecisiveS12; 03-25-2017, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricewagon View Post

I understand your point, unfortunately the general consensus who are willing to buy the top models are looking for those said options. Also Subaru is not in the same boat as Porsche where the sportier model where you get less and cost more. eg. door handles replaced with a red strap, no emblem badge but a sticker of the emblem which all cost more for some reason. Ead I agree with you, I would rather have supportive cloth seats, no sound deadening, no keyless, etc, but there really isn't a big market for that.
                  Simple. They're becoming a mainstream brand instead of a niche thing.
                  GV-kr3w - #1
                  SWP-kr3w - #1
                  MY2011 Masterrace - #1

Comment

this was posted on nasioc last night.

https://www.subaru.ca/WebPage.aspx?W...ModelYear=2018

Comment

https://www.auto123.com/en/news/2018...details/63571/
                      2018 SUBARU WRX PRICING AND MORE DETAILS ANNOUNCED

Print
                      SEND TO A FRIEND
                      image: https://picolio.auto123.com/auto123-...&scaledown=800
                      Photo: Subaru
                      2018 Subaru WRX AVAILABLE THIS SUMMER FOR LESS THAN $30KBy Guillaume Rivard , 2017-04-19

The significantly refreshed 2018 Subaru WRX will go on sale across Canada in June with an unchanged base MSRP of $29,995, the company announced yesterday.

We first saw it in North America at the 2017 Detroit Auto Show along with the similarly revised WRX STI.

Powered by a 268-horsepower 2.0L turbocharged BOXER engine, the 2018 Subaru WRX can be equipped with either a 6-speed manual transmission or a Sport Lineartronic CVT featuring a 6- or 8-speed manual shift mode. The latter is also available with Subaru Intelligent Drive (SI-DRIVE).

The combination of Subaru symmetrical full-time all-wheel drive, a light body, chassis rigidity and performance, oversized brakes with high-performance ABS, the highly advanced multi-mode Vehicle Dynamics Control system, and active torque vectoring work together to give the 2018 WRX superb agility and hazard avoidance capabilities.

Here’s how the various trim levels stack up:
                      • 2018 Subaru WRX 6MT at $29,995
                      • Full-time AWD; seven airbags; 17” alloy wheels; quad-tip high-performance exhaust; automatic climate control; 5.9” colour multi-function display; AM/FM/CD/XM/MP3/WMA audio system with 6.2” high-resolution touchscreen display; STARLINK smartphone integration; Bluetooth connectivity with voice activation; flat-bottom, leather-wrapped steering wheel with red stitching; back-up camera; heated front seats.
                      • 2018 Subaru WRX CVT at $31,295
                      • Adds Sport Lineartronic CVT
                      • 2018 Subaru WRX Sport 6MT at $33,195
                      • Adds Subaru Rear/Side Vehicle Detection System (SRVD); wiper-activated headlights, 10-way power adjustable driver's seat; LED fog lights; LED steering-responsive headlights; welcome lighting; automatic headlights; rear lip spoiler; integrated turn signals
                      • 2018 Subaru WRX Sport CVT at $34,495
                      • Adds Sport Lineartronic CVT and moonroof
                      • 2018 Subaru WRX Sport-tech 6MT at $36,495
                      • Adds new StarLink apps added; 7” high-resolution touchscreen with navigation; Harman Kardon sound system with nine speakers; dual USB ports; leather seating surfaces and proximity key with push-button start, optional RS Package for $2,300 (8-way power adjustable leather and Ultrasuede Recaro front seats; Ultrasuede and leather seating material on rear seats; Jurid brake pads; red-painted calipers)
                      • 2018 Subaru WRX Sport-tech CVT at $37,795
                      • Adds Sport Lineartronic CVT; available with optional EyeSight Package for $1,300 (pre-collision braking, pre-collision brake assist, pre-collision throttle management, adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, lane sway warning, lead vehicle start alert, lane keep assist, high beam assist, reverse automatic braking, auto vehicle hold, EyeSight assist monitor)
                      Don’t miss the 2018 Subaru WRX in this action-filled video!

Comment

Unchanged MSRP is a step in the right direction. One of my neighbours recently traded in his MY15 Impreza for a MY17 for $0.

Was a pretty sweet deal if you ask me. Fully loaded Sport Tech with all the bells and whistles we saw at the VIP event. Very awesome.
                        GV-kr3w - #1
                        SWP-kr3w - #1
                        MY2011 Masterrace - #1

Comment

I'm trying to decide between paying more for fog lights, power seat, and rear lip spoiler - vs. lower cost, no moon roof, and (presumably) lighter weight.

I definitely don't want the push-button start and higher end audio for an extra 3k. Waste of money for meaningless frills, if you ask me.

Comment

Any idea when Subaru Canada will update their webpage with the new model year for the wrx?

Comment

Any idea when Subaru Canada will update their webpage with the new model year for the wrx?
                              Best thing to do is sign up for the notification

https://www.subaru.ca/WebPage.aspx?W...ebPageID=21158
                              GV-kr3w - #1
                              SWP-kr3w - #1
                              MY2011 Masterrace - #1

Comment

PV

GV-kr3w - #1
                                SWP-kr3w - #1
                                MY2011 Masterrace - #1

Comment

Working...
                                X